Monday, April 20, 2009

Lament - Maggie Stiefvater

Lament
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Reviewer: Kurtis
Being a musician, I understand that it is music that brings the world to life. In Lament, by Maggie Stiefvater, ours is not the only world it brings to life. Deirdre is a gifted harp player who meets an irresistibly charming boy named Luke Dillon, who is a faerie queen's captive assasain. She then discovers she can see faeries and they LOVE good music. But Deirde finds herself in a pickle when the faerie queen wants her dead. I admit I had no interest at first in the book, but when I started to read it I had a whole different opinion on what faeries were. Maggie delivers a mysteriously haunting love story through the world of vicious, greedy, and powerful creatures. You can never guess how things might turn around. Its like nothing I've ever read before.

Can't wait until October for the sequel!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to read this. It sounds so interesting and different.

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering why you had no interest in the novel at first. Was it because it was a love story, or .... ?!!

Goadingthepen said...

It was the faeries. I'm not a big faerie fan. I like good books though so I'm glad I read this the story was really good.
-Kurtis

Reese said...

There's a lot of themes that I've noticed popping up lately in YA. Fairies, Vampires and Zombies are the big ones.

Sounds cool!

(In a pickle is clearly the BEST phrase *ever.*)

Ree