Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Bug Boy - Eric Luper (Just Released Today!)


Bug Boy
Author: Eric Luper
http://www.ericluper.com/home.shtml
http://www.myspace.com/ericluper
http://eluper.livejournal.com/
Reviewer: Kurtis

I have never looked at horse racing as anything more than skinny guys on horses running around a dirt track. I never understood why the old men up in the stands would waste away their money betting on which one would cross the finish line. As I began to read Bug Boy I was full of questions. I wanted to know everything about the race. Eric Luper brings us into the world of horse racing through Jack Walsh, a stable boy who is discovered by a stable owner who gets him started as a horse racer. Of course, things get interesting when Jack finds fame and a female bookie who takes a not so healthy interest in his new life. It doesn’t take long to learn there is so much more to horse racing than just the race.

Another great book by Eric Luper:
Big Slick




6 comments:

eluper said...

d to reading that one... oh, wait, I wrote it. Well, thanks for the review! You guys rock!

Readingjunky said...

Can't wait to read it. I enjoyed BIG SLICK.

Paula said...

Found your blog through Jay Asher's blog. Glad I did.

I'm a pre-published writer at the moment, but almost done with a MG fantasy that I hope will appeal to guys and girls.

Keep reading! Great blog.

Readingjunky said...

Just started reading this tonight. Liking it a lot.

RJ

fantasiabooks said...

Hey thanks for the review..this book for boys seems very interesting..I would definitely like to buy Bug Boy book.

Princess Clair said...

BIG SLICK is an action-filled tale involving hot girls, hot cars, very dangerous people, serious desperation, and some seriously bad choices. I'm betting that BIG SLICK is going to be both extremely popular and a great new title for reluctant readers.